- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP) mince
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g tomato paste
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 8 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 150ml CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbs canola margarine
- canola or olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- tossed salad, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place TVP mince, tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine garlic, sauces and herbs and add to vegetable mixture.
- Season with pepper.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes or until TVP mince absorbs some liquid.
- Meanwhile, mash potatoes and add milk and margarine.
- Continue mashing until the mixture is smooth.
- Spray a lasagne dish with oil to lightly grease.
- Place vegetable mixture in lasagne dish, spread the potato mixture over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve with bread rolls and a tossed salad, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size