Working across the Australian high performance system, Professional Networks lead and share approaches to sports science and sports medicine (SSSM) quality assurance and best practice though a multi- and inter-disciplinary approach.
Professional Networks will seek to deliver outcomes across four key areas:
HP System Engagement
- Explore and define SSSM discipline leadership needs of Sport and National Institute Network (NIN) with the view to appoint Discipline specific Network Leads to connect professional networks.
- Engage and lead SSSM professional networks to support the HP system (Sport and NIN).
- Work with SSSM professional networks to forecast, identify and communicate research and development agendas that support the achievement of podium performances
- Define and share best practice and implement approaches and projects to meet Sports needs.
- Support a multi-disciplinary solutions-focussed approach to SSSM delivery – leveraging and communicating best practice approaches from within and outside of the sector.
- Develop a professional development framework that builds the capability of SSSM practitioners and teams to deliver world-class services that meets the needs of coaches, Sport and NIN.
- Work collaboratively with Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Performance People and Teams to support Sport and NIN SSSM practitioner professional development needs.
- With Sport and NIN develop strategies and career pathways for the next generation of SSSM practitioners.
- Define quality assurance programs and strategies across SSSM disciplines to support the HP sport system
- Develop High Performance (HP) System SSSM minimum personnel requirements in alignment with AIS SSSM Best Practice Principles.