National Sports Science Sports Medicine (SSSM) Network Lead roles
Each National Network Lead will facilitate a professional network in the high performance (HP) sport system, focusing on;
- Best Practice – supporting the HP system to develop and share performance solutions, guidelines and approaches
- People Development – focusing on performance impact, through programs and partnerships
- Quality Assurance – the foundation supporting performance
Key activities will include;
- Facilitating communication within the National Institute Network (NIN), system partner organisations (AOC, APC, CGA) and across sport, in order to share and connect knowledge and expertise
- Providing consultancy advisory support to the HP system by coordinating the input and contribution of additional technical expertise as needed
- Assisting to drive outcomes which address shared needs and challenges across sport and the NIN. This assistance may relate to projects, reviews and developing best practice guidelines.
While the Network Leads have been appointed by discipline, to align with the current SSSM workforce, the Network Leads will focus primarily on enhancing multidisciplinary ways of working in the HP system. The National Network Leads will connect with SSSM professional networks in professional sporting codes in addition to Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Sports and will focus on strengthening HP system relationships with relevant professional membership bodies.
Biomechanics & Skills Acquisition
Dr David Hughes
Strength & Conditioning
The AIS Lead Performance Analyst, Hamish Jeacocke will facilitate connection between AIS Applied Technology and Innovation and Professional Networks, with the areas working collaboratively to connect and support the development of the Performance Analysis network.