The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) High Performance (HP) Coach Development is supporting Australia’s high performance sport system to identify, develop, attract and retain world-class coaches to enhance the experiences and success of Australian athletes. Learn more about the AIS HP Coach Development Strategy. The AIS has launched the Coach Development Initiatives Grant to further support National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and the National Institute Network (NIN).
The purpose of the grant is to support an organisation’s capability to drive the development of high performance coaches in their sport through either a new coach development initiative or supplementing an existing coach development initiative.
It aims to support organisations in pursuing their coach development strategies. The AIS recognise the unique challenges and issues each organisation face and is committed to responding to this with support to implement bespoke coach development solutions to meet these needs.
The Coach NSO/NIN Coach Development Initiatives Grant will fund projects focusing on the development of a sport’s high performance coaches.
The Grant is intended to fund projects or programs that bring in internal or external expertise to support the capacity, capability and development of a sport's high performance coaches. Focus areas for the grant are as follows:
- Leadership and management
- Program delivery e.g. coach wellbeing, coach development planning, mentoring, executive coaching
- Project delivery e.g. skill acquisition, performance planning, strategy development
Eligible applicants can apply for grants of up to $20,000 without a co-contribution from your organisation, or up to $40,000 with a $20,000 co-contribution from your organisation. All values stated exclude GST.
- Grant applications open:
Tuesday 26 April, 2022
- Grant applications close:
Monday 23 May, 2022
- Applications are assessed:
Friday 27 May, 2022
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants notified:
Monday 30 May, 2022
- Successful applicants announced:
Monday 20 June, 2022
- Earliest project start date:
1 July, 2022
- Latest project completion date:
30 June, 2023
To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:
- Must be an AIS high performance funded NSO or NIN partner
- Project must support a coach or number of coaches who coach a categorised athlete or athletes
- Project must commence between July 1, 2022 and 30 June, 2023
How to apply
Please read the grant guidelines before applying. Please note that all applicants must fill out the application form and provide a project plan in the application. A project plan template has been provided in the key information panel; however, other plan formats will be accepted if they provide the required information.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or your organisation’s AIS HP Coach Development Team contact.