Outcome of Applications
There was an overwhelming response to the Program, with 480+ applications received by Sport Australia requesting significantly more than the amount of funding available. The standard of applications was extremely high and the process was competitive, with 62 applications deemed successful.
Assessment of Applications
Applications were assessed against the following key assessment criteria:
- The proposed project
- Is informed by current market insights for the target population, including barriers that contribute to inactivity
- Addresses barriers to participation and meets the needs of target population
- Engages with inactive Australians in their local communities to deliver a program that supports them getting active
- The proposed project promotes and educates participants on the holistic benefits of sport including physical, psychological, cognitive and social benefits.
- The program communicates with inactive Australians to promote the opportunities for engagement.
- The program supports ongoing participation in sport and physical activity.
- The proposed project has well planned timelines, milestones and measurable outcomes as well as a realistic budget that represents good value for money.
- The ability of the proposed project to educate and support local community organisations to achieve sector improvement.
- The capability of the proposed project workforce planning and capacity.
- The proposed project risk management and mitigation considerations.
- The capability of the organisation to manage the proposed project and grant funding.
- Quality of the application, with sufficient information provided to demonstrate how the proposed project will meet the grant selection criteria.
Successful applications demonstrated:
- Consistency with the objective of the Program, which is
- Getting inactive people moving in their local community:
- Building awareness and understanding of the importance of physical activity across all stages of life;
- Improving the system of sport and physical activity by targeting populations at risk of inactivity across all life stages: and
- Delivering ongoing impact through the development of sector capability (Stream 2)
- A clear understanding of project objectives, costs, milestones, timeframes, risk and expected outcomes.
- Organisational capability, capacity and/or experience to carry out the project and deliver ongoing sector improvement.
- Inclusion of under-represented populations.
- Good value for money e.g. a budget that included reasonable and eligible costs and program sustainability.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in the Move It AUS – Participation Grant Program and your ongoing commitment to getting more Australians more active.
If you have any further queries, please contact the team at email@example.com