Outcomes & Feedback
There was an overwhelming response to the 2021 WLIS program with Sport Australia receiving 491 applications for grants and workshops totaling well over the amount of funding available.
The standard of applications was also extremely high making the process very competitive.
Successful applications demonstrated:
- Consistency with the objective of the WLIS program - to provide women with development opportunities to reach their leadership potential in the sport industry.
- A flow on benefit to the organisation and the community, especially if the project increased opportunities for other females and/or provided female role models.
- The project will lead to ongoing opportunities for the applicants/participants.
- The identification of a solution to an existing leadership gap e.g. a lack of high level female officials.
- A clear understanding of project objectives, costs, completion dates and expected outcomes (grant applications only).
- Good value for money – e.g. a detailed budget that included reasonable and eligible costs and/or the organisation provided a quality leadership course targeted at multiple female participants (organisation grant applications only).
- An appropriate financial contribution from the organisation (organisation grant applications only).
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in the WLIS program and your ongoing commitment to promoting women in leadership roles within sport.
If you have any further queries, please contact the WLIS team at email@example.com.