Child safe sport toolkit
This Toolkit is designed to guide the management, implementation and maintenance of child safe policies for your sport. It sets out clearly what everyone in your sport needs to know to keep children safe.
The Toolkit includes seven different components and provides a suite of policy documents and guidance to protect children and young people in your sport and at the very minimum needs to include the following elements:
- A code of conduct which guides the expected behaviours of everyone in your sport towards children and young people;
- A recruitment policy to ensure everyone (staff or volunteers) involved in your sport are safe to children and young people;
- An induction and training policy that ensures staff and volunteers continuously apply child safe best practice in your sport;
- A reporting policy and incident report forms to ensure staff and volunteers are confident in knowing what to report and who to report it to. For the senior management and board the responsibility is to apply a risk management approach to ensure the appropriate risk controls are in place;
- A series of posters, website or social media references, brochures, or other advertising materials to communicate with everyone in the sport the suite of child safe policies; and
- A procedure for regular review and improvement of your suite of child safe policies to ensure that everyone in the can provide feedback and improve the sport’s child safe policies and procedures;
The Toolkit combined with the Process allows for the development of a Child Safe Sport Framework.