17 October 2016
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) is today calling on entries for its prestigious media awards and has launched a new online platform to make the nomination process even easier.
The ASC Media Awards have been running for 15 years and are the only awards specifically dedicated to recognising excellence in Australian sports journalism, including print, digital, broadcasting and photography.
Media can enter now by registering at ascmediaawards.awardsplatform.com
The new online entry platform enables media to lodge nominations in a variety of digital formats and also to progressively work on the entries until the closing date.
Entries strictly close on Friday, 18 November, 2016.
There are 14 award categories open for nomination. Finalists will be announced in December, with winners revealed at a gala dinner at the Mural Hall, Melbourne, on Thursday, 16 February 2017.
The ASC Media Awards categories are:
1. Lifetime Achievement Award (nominations not required)
2. Best reporting of an issue in sport
3. Best coverage of sport by an individual — broadcast media
4. Best coverage of sport by an individual — print media
5. Best coverage of sport by an individual — digital media
6. Best coverage of a sporting event by a media organisation
7. Best coverage of sport for people with disability
8. Best coverage of women in sport
9. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — broadcast media
10. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — print media
11. Best sports journalism from rural, regional or suburban media
12. Best sports photography
13. Best depiction of the value of sport to Australians in a community setting
14. Best contribution to sport by an organisation through digital media
15. Best analysis of the business of sport