18 September 2017
Nominations for the prestigious Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Media Awards opened today.
The ASC is Australia’s leader and advocate for sport. For 16 years the ASC Media Awards have acknowledged the important role of Australia’s media industry in telling sport’s inspirational stories.
The ASC Media Awards are the only awards dedicated to recognising excellence in Australian sports journalism and photography.
Journalists, broadcasters and photographers who have produced outstanding work in the qualifying period (1 November 2016 to 27 October 2017) are encouraged to submit entries for the awards.
Nominations strictly close October 30, 2017, and finalists will be notified in late November.
Finalists in the ASC Media Awards will be invited to a gala dinner and presentation at Doltone House, Hyde Park, Sydney, on 1 February 2018.
Award categories cover print, digital, broadcasting and photography, across metropolitan and regional media. Categories for nomination include:
- Best reporting of an issue in sport
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — broadcast media
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — print media
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — digital media
Best coverage of a sporting event by a media organisation
- Best coverage of sport for people with disability
- Best coverage of women in sport
- Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — broadcast media
- Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — print media
- Best sports journalism from rural, regional or suburban media
- Best sports photography
- Best depiction of the value of sport to Australians in a community setting
- Best contribution to sport by an organisation through digital media
- Best analysis of the business of sport.
Enter online by registering at ascmediaawards.awardsplatform.com