About the program
Sporting Schools Club Connect will enable primary schools to build on their involvement in the Sporting Schools program by establishing and building on relationships with local sporting clubs.
Club Connect aims to support primary school students to transition from a school-based sporting program to participating at their local sporting club, promoting lifelong engagement in sport.
Eligible schools can apply for a Club Connect grant to deliver an out of school hours sport program by engaging a Club Connect partner national sporting organisation or an affiliated local sporting club, that delivers one of the Sporting Schools Club Connect sports.
Club Connect activities can be run over terms 3 and/or 4 2021.
What are we trying to achieve?
Through Club Connect we are working with schools, sporting organisations and parents and carers to:
- increase the number of children participating in club sport.
- raise awareness of local club sport opportunities amongst the school community.
- promote the benefits of sport to parents and carers of children.
- build relationships between schools, parents and carers, and local sporting clubs.
- engage local clubs involved in the delivery of Sporting Schools.