Club Connect parameters
The parameters describe the required characteristics of Sporting Schools Club Connect activities.
All Club Connect activities must occur during Terms 3 and/or 4, 2021.
Schools must deliver a Club Connect activity:
- using a Club Connect partner or an affiliated sporting club that delivers a Club Connect sport
- that has a minimum of four sessions.
Each session must:
- be delivered by a coach
- have the same participants taking part
- have a minimum of 10 participants
- engage participants of all abilities
- actively engage participants for the duration of the session (i.e. minimum 45 minutes).
Activities must be free to participants:
- schools must not request payment from students or families; and
- cannot be incorporated into a before or after school program where families pay to access the service.
Activities must be delivered outside of school hours:
- Club Connect activities cannot be a substitute for programming that already occurs outside of school hours, including before or after school care.
- schools registered as a Special School with their respective school registration authority may deliver programs before, during or after school.
Activities must be delivered:
- on school grounds – where appropriate – or a suitable local facility
- with appropriate equipment.
Schools must maintain ‘duty of care’ responsibilities and ensure the activity is delivered safely:
- ensure appropriate supervision ratios in addition to the coach.
- encourage maximum participation, support behaviour management and ensure Playing for Life principles are applied.
- ensure appropriate standards of care are implemented e.g. work, health and safety, risk management policy and procedures.
Contact our Club Connect partners using the contact details on the Club Connect webpage to make a booking or enquiry.
Complete an end report and acquittal using the SmartyGrants website once the activity has concluded.