AFL’s Pathway to Club is a super fun, safe, social, and inclusive introductory participation program designed to prepare boys and girls for Junior Club Football. Students participate in a fun-packed session, developing their football skills, social skills and learning to play a modified non-contact game. The curriculum is linked to specific educational outcomes achieved through practising the core skills of the game and experiencing modified match play. The program is delivered in partnership with a local community football club and qualified AFL Development staff.
“I think any sport is important for kids to get active and learn new skills and make new friends and those sorts of things and live a healthy lifestyle. Footy certainly gives you that opportunity. We’ve got a great climate to get outside and to play and to keep active. It’s really important for young kids and for big kids too.”
Matthew Boyd, Western Bulldogs.
- Delivery to 16 - 30 students over 4 x 1-hour sessions = $1,600
- Delivery to and including 15 students over 4 x 1-hour sessions = $1,000
Students participating in the Club Connect AFL program with be given a club registration subsidy when they sign up.
Extra Session(s) will incur the following costs
- Delivery to 16 - 30 students; $300 extra per session
- Delivery to and including 15 students; $200 extra per session
- Football for every student - $5 per student (student will need to fill in a registration form to obtain their football)
- AFL School Subsidy Transport Package - $500
- AFL Equipment Pack - $220. This includes 15 footballs, 15 bibs and a ball carrier