READY. SET. RESCUE. is designed to introduce water and beach skills involved in Surf Life Saving and will focus around four key areas:
1. Surf Sport Skills: body boarding; wading; dolphin-diving; beach sprint starts; and beach flag starts.
2. Life Saving Skills
3. Water Awareness
4. Personal Safety
Water is one of Australia's favourite playgrounds. Not only can SLSA provide sporting opportunities that support fundamental movement skills and a sporting pathway through the SLSA club system, our program has the added value of increasing safety competence in and around water.
Please contact your State Association contact to discuss program cost.
- Delivery to 20-30 students over 4 x 1-hour sessions = from $2,000*
Students participating in the SLST Club Connect program with be given a Junior Activities Membership registration subsidy when they sign up. Across the 4 weeks participants will work towards achieving age group competencies determined by the SLSA Junior Development Resource (JDR) for smooth transition to club participation.
- Delivery to 10-30 students over 4 x 1-hour sessions or 2 x 2-hour sessions = from $1,400*
*Minimum group fee
Surf life saving is eligible for a supplementary grant of $1,000 if required. Schools that receive a Club Connect grant can apply for a supplementary grant using SmartyGrants after they have booked their Club Connect surf life saving program.
Schools who would like to apply for the supplementary grant can contact Matthew Turnbull on email at: email@example.com for more information.
- Our READY. SET. RESCUE. Package will differ slightly based on your state or territory location, contact your state today to discuss various extras to your program such as athlete appearances and Surf Club patrol involvement.
- TAS: option to purchase an SLS Participant Pack - $50 per person. Including drawstring bag, hi-vis rashie and more!
Contact: Janene Holland
Phone: .07 5414 1605
Contact: Leanne Johannesen
Phone: 03 6216 7804
Contact: Jodie Walker
Phone: 03 9676 6943
NEW SOUTH WALES
Contact: Mechelle Hare
Phone: 02 9913 8066