Sport Australia has established the Industry Advisory Group – Community Coaching (IAG-CC). This is the first of a number Industry advisory Groups that will be established across the business over the coming months.
The IAG-CC in partnership with Sport Australia, will play a key role in shaping the direction of community coaching in Australia. The IAG-CC will:
- Provide sector input to ensure high quality and relevant support is available to community coaches and coaching workforce to service the changing needs of the broader Australian sporting participants, players and athletes;
- Promote coaching and providing ambassadorship for the recognition and support of community coaches;
- Facilitate networking and cross pollination of leading practice ideas within the industry;
- Represent the challenges, issues and concerns faced by community coaches; and
- Facilitate the co-operation of other organisations and partners as part of a national and international network to support community coaches.
Following a thorough expression of interest and assessment process the following people have been selected to be members of the IAG-CC for a 12 month term. This group represents the diverse nature of sport and the coaching environment, with individual members representing strength of knowledge and application in specific areas.
|Debra Armstrong||Netball Victoria|
|Matthew Betsey||Cricket Australia|
|Michelle De Highden||Gymnastics Australia|
|Sean Douglas||Football Federation Australia|
|Graeme Hill||Triathlon Australia|
|Anthony Judd||Northern Territory Institute of Sport|
|Michael Poulton||Performance Development Consultant|
|Steven Rynne||University of Queensland|
|Simon Woinarski||Office of Sport NSW|
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org