General Manager: Brooke De Landre
The Sport Division delivers national programs and resources to encourage more Australians to move more often through sport and build the capability of sport to create a robust and connected industry. The Division also manages the central coordination and engagement functions for SportAUS and is responsible for telling the positive stories of sport to inspire an active Australia. This is done through:
- Driving greater engagement and participation in sport across Australia.
- Leading a sustainable and efficient Australian Sport sector managing all ministerial and parliamentary engagement.
- Leading media and marketing to amplify the value of Australian sport.
- Generating sponsorship revenue for the ASC and providing commercial partnership expertise to support sports.
- Providing oversight and governance of the ASC, Sport Australia and AIS brands.
- Undertaking sector insights and market research to ensuring evidence-based decision making informs policies and programs.
- Coordinating the Clearinghouse for Sport – Australian sport’s dedicated information and knowledge sharing platform.
- Collaborating with strategic partners across industry, government, not-for-profit, technology and academia to support shared priorities.
- Delivering innovative digital solutions to build capability and connectivity across the sector.
Programs within Sport Division
Deputy General Manager: Cameron French
The Participation, Schools, Infrastructure and Inclusion Branch oversees the strategy and investment to increase the number of Australians involved in organised sport. Priority projects include Sporting Schools - the Australia Governments flagship participation program for children; Participation and Infrastructure Grants - targeted funding to deliver participation and infrastructure outcomes; Participation Planning - working with National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) to develop and implement participation plans, Inclusion Initiatives - seeking to make sport more welcoming and inclusive and Participation Toolkits - Developing tools, resources and templates to support organisations of all sizes to improve their performance.
Governance, Workforce and Financial
A/g Deputy General Manager: Kate Corkery
The Industry Capability Branch lead, enable and invest in NSO business performance. Support is provided through Governance and Organisation Enhancement - development of world-class governance principles and advising the sector on implementation of good governance; Sport Workforce Advisory – building the workforce capabilities across the sector through programs like Women Leading in Sport Grants, a new and modernised Learning Management System including a revitalised Coaching and Officiating framework and training courses, an inaugural Sport Director Online education course; and Sport Financial Advisory – promoting and fostering improved financial oversight and capability across the sector.
Knowledge, Insights and Digital
A/g Deputy General Manager: Gavin Reynolds
The Knowledge, Insights and Digital Branch is responsible for delivering a number of Sport Australia’s leading initiatives including the Clearinghouse for Sport—the information and knowledge sharing platform for Australia sport, that produces our Daily Sports News update; AusPlay—the authoritative annual participation survey of Australians; and, SportAUS Connect—the digital identity and data integration backbone for the Australian sport sector.
Ministerial, Media and Marketing
Deputy General Manager: Fiona Boughton
The Ministerial, Media and Marketing Branch manages the central coordination and engagement functions for SportAUS and is responsible for leading external and internal communications for the organisation. The teams play a critical role in telling the positive stories of sport to inspire an active Australia via resource and product development, social media and digital communications, media and ministerial and government relations.
A/g Director: Kelvin McAlpine
The Commercial Partnerships team provides commercial partnership and sponsorship expertise to support sports and is responsible for managing the Australian Sports Commission’s portfolio of corporate sponsors.