Sport Australia has created a modern approach to community coaching.
Having a solid understanding of each participant’s needs and values is critical for coach development.
A free online course which supports the education and development of coaches across Australia.
WHAT IS THE MODERN COACHING APPROACH?
- Coach centred
- Participant centred
- Formal learning only
- Bespoke learning opportunities
- Developing competencies to deliver an optimal experience for participants
- One size fits all
- Adaptable coaching to meet the needs of participants
- Holistic approach that develops participants’ physical, social, psychological and cognitive skills along with sport-specific skills
- Commanding coaching style
- Open, inquisitive, collaborative coaching style
- Competitive, outcome-focused
- Fun, inclusive, flexible, social
- Decrease in retention and recruitment of coaches
- Increases retention and recruitment of coaches
SUPPORT FOR SPORT
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
The new approach will deliver a range of benefits for the whole sporting sector, from sporting organisations and clubs to coaches and most importantly, the participants themselves.