To support sport organisations in achieving participation objectives, Sport Australia and the sector co-designed a set of drivers that are the factors identified as the most significant influences on driving positive participation outcomes. The Drivers of Participation:
- provide an understanding of the key ingredients to achieving sustainable participation growth
- help organisations overcome identified barriers to participation
- can be used to guide participation planning; offering a framework to consider important factors
- translate in to important product design considerations
- embody a participant-centred and insight-driven approach; recognising market insights as the first and most important driver to address.
Infrastructure and equipment
Providing appropriate, accessible and affordable infrastructure and equipment.
Drivers of Participation
With support from Nielsen Sports, Sport Australia engaged the sport sector to identify these key strategic participation areas. This information has been tested and validated and is complied as the Drivers of Participation.