Careers with ASC
The Australian Sports Commission is embarking on the Green and Gold decade. An exciting time filled with international sporting competitions on home soil, including the Men’s and Women’s Rugby World Cup, the Victorian Commonwealth Games in 2026 and culminating in the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
We have an ambitious new Strategic Vision and we need the best players on our team to help us deliver real results for the sporting sector and all Australians.
Are you up for the challenge?
A message from the CEO
Kieren Perkins OAM
CEO, Australian Sports Commission
- Challenging projects and opportunities: The ASC has ambitious goals and employees are inspired by the challenges they work through day to day.
- Dynamic environment: There is no 'typical day’ at the ASC as our environment is dynamic and always moving.
- Make a difference: ASC employees have the chance to make a difference in sport and the lives of Australians.
- Interesting subject matter: Work on a subject matter you love - SPORT!
- Autonomous work: ASC employees may enjoy the opportunity to work autonomously on projects they are passionate about.
- Flexible working arrangement options
- Access to Learning & Development opportunities
- Up to 15.4% Superannuation
- Multiple office locations (Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne)
- AIS Shop discounts
- Free Parking
- Access to award winning Childcare
- Access to gym and swimming pool
- Respect: We treat ourselves and others with respect, valuing their input and diverse ideas. We engage with care and courtesy, holding our behaviours to the highest standards.
- Integrity: We lead with authenticity, openness and honesty and follow through with action. We are trustworthy, take responsibility and hold our actions and the actions of others to account.
- Teamwork: We value others input, experience and ideas and collaborate to achieve excellence in all that we do. We are focused on organisational priorities, understanding the goals while sharing the challenges and celebrating the wins.
- Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations in our delivery, leveraging the strength of others. We lead with intent, are adaptable and deliver with quality and impact.
- The ASC aims to integrate reconciliation into all facets of our business, to help close the gap and improve the recognised health and wellbeing inequities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through sport participation and engagement with sport. This commitment is through our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
Working at the ASC gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in the sporting sector and for Australians, some of our key programs include:
- The Sporting Schools Program which has provided over 13 million children with access to free sport programs through their schools.
- An Award winning Learning Centre, the Australian Sport Learning Centre delivers
sector-wide learning and development outcomes by centralising all learning activities, including online learning.
- The AIS Mental Health Referral Network supporting the mental health and wellbeing of high performance athletes and eligible individuals within the Australian high performance sports system.
- We have established the Restorative Program to recognise and respond to former AIS scholarship athletes who experienced harm from inappropriate practices or abuse as a result of their time at the AIS. We are committed to providing meaningful acknowledgement, care and support to these athletes.