The Better Ageing Grant Program aims to increase levels of physical activity of Australians aged 65+, particularly those least active, to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
If successful, applicants will receive grants ranging up to $2m (over a two year period) to implement new, local, community-based activities.
The program aims to prevent and reduce the impact of chronic disease and increase overall physical and mental health of older Australians.
We are looking for projects that get inactive older Australians more active.
The objective is to improve older Australians overall health and wellbeing, particularly those less active by:
- enhancing the understanding and benefits of regular physical activity;
- improving access to sport and physical activity opportunities;
- enabling regular engagement in sport and physical activity; and
- enhancing the capability and capacity of organisations and staff to deliver age-appropriate activities.
Successful candidates will also be required to implement awareness campaigns to promote the benefits of physical activity.
- Grant open: 8am (Eastern Standard Time) 20 September 2018
- Grant close: 5pm (Eastern Standard Time) 31 October 2018
- Announcement Period: December 2018 onwards
Phone: +61 2 6214 1333
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
To be eligible to apply for the Better Ageing Grant Program, applicants must be one of the following entity types and have been operating for 12 months or longer:
- Sporting Organisations including National Sporting Organisations (NSO) and National Sporting Organisations for people with Disability (NSOD);
- a Non-Government Organisation (an NGO is an organisation which is neither a government agency nor a business operating for profit) including physical activity organisations; and/or
- Local Government Organisations.
- The Australian Capital Territory does not have local government entities and is therefore eligible to apply.
Eligible organisations may partner with other organisations, including those with more experience working with older Australians, to achieve program objectives (see Program Guidelines).
Please refer to the Move It Aus - Better Ageing Grants Program Guidelines for additional eligibility criteria.