Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be turning 12 to 24 years of age in the same calendar year as the nominated championships.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status and be residing in Australia.
- Be a participant in an event, division or competition open only to athletes with a disability which is:
- an official state/territory championships endorsed by the relevant ASC recognised National Sporting Organisation (NSO), National Sporting Organisations for people with Disability (NSOD) or a School Sport Australia member body; or
- an official national championship endorsed by the relevant ASC recognised NSO, NSOD or School Sport Australia; or
- an international competition as a member of an official Australian team where only athletes with a disability can be selected, representing an ASC recognised NSO, NSOD or School Sport Australia.
A participant is anyone involved in an official capacity in the event or competition such as an athlete, coach or official, and where appropriate, guides or assistants.
- People attending a state/territory championship must be living more than 125km from the championships venue and travelling greater than 250km return to participate in the nominated championships*.
- Must complete and submit the application prior to (no more than 6 months in advance), or up to one month after completion of the nominated championships.
- May receive a maximum of two grants in the same allocation year (1 June 2022 – 31 March 2023) for attending either:
- one state or national championships and one international competition; or
- two different international competitions.
- Must incur out-of-pocket expenses equal to, or greater than, the grant amount they are eligible to receive.
- Must not receive a Local Sporting Champions grant to attend the same event or competition.
* Those attending a national championships or international competition do not need to be travelling a minimum distance to be eligible.
** Saved applications must be completed and submitted prior to or up to one month after the completion of the nominated championships.
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, to receive a grant applicants must abide by the program Terms and Conditions.
Have questions about the Eligibility Criteria? Check out the FAQ’s for more information.
Have any questions about Local Para Champions?
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
*excluding national and ACT public holidays