1. The ASC has prepared this Information Publication Scheme plan in accordance with section 8(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act).
2. The purpose of the plan is to:
- comply with s 8(1) of the FOI Act
- to provide information on how the ASC takes appropriate actions to proactively disclose its information holdings, in accordance with the objectives of the FOI Act.
3. The objective of the ASC in regards to the implementation of this plan are to:
- manage the information holdings relevant to the Information Publication Scheme
- proactively identify and publish all information required to be published, including this plan (s 8(2
- proactively identify and publish any optional information (s (4))
- review and ensure on a regular basis that information published under the Information Publication Scheme is accurate, up-to date and complete (s 8B)
- ensure that information published under the Information Publication Scheme is discoverable, understandable and re-useable
- ensure that the format of online content conforms with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- measure the success of the ASC’s Information Publication Scheme
- support the information needs of the Australian sports community.
Establishing an Information Publication Scheme
4. The ASC will manage and develop its Information Publication Scheme with the following governance procedures:
- the ASC Deputy General Manager Business Operations will be responsible for administering the IPS
- the IPS will be managed by the designated ASC FOI Officer
- the ASC will develop a register of information required or permitted to be published under the IPS and a ‘disclosure log’ of information released in response to FOI requests
- the ASC will identify information that is required to be published under s 8(2), information that may be published under s 8(4), and information that is made available to the public otherwise than by publication (s 8A(2))
- the ASC will take active steps to ensure that information published under the scheme is discoverable, understandable, machine-readable, accessible, useable, as well as accurate, up-to-date and complete
- where there may be a cost arising from publishing an item outside of the ASC’s normal range of publishing options, the ASC may impose a fee. This fee will be dependent on the costs involved for the ASC in providing this information.
5. Access to information published under the Information Publication Scheme will routinely be made available to the Australian people on the Sport Australia website (www.sportaus.gov.au).
6. Information of the following types published by the ASC may also be deposited as follows:
Information required to be published
7. The following information will be published by the ASC in accordance with s 8(2) of the FOI Act:
- information on the corporate structure of the ASC
- information about the ASC – its functions and role
- information on the governance of the ASC
- Annual reports
- details of consultation arrangements for members of the public to comment on specific policy proposals
- information in documents to which the agency may routinely give access to in response to requests under the FOI Act
- information that the ASC routinely provides to Parliament
- Freedom of Information and contact details for the ASC FOI Officer
- operational information (which is information that assists the agency to exercise its functions in making decisions or recommendations that affect members of the public).
8. Under s 8(4) of the FOI Act the ASC may also publish information of the following kind:
- Our priorities: This may include corporate and strategic plans, assessments and reviews
- Our Corporate Services information: This may include financial information relating to pay and grading structures, procurement procedures, tendering and contracts
- Our sports information: This may include information to assist Australians wishing to participate in sport, to strengthen sporting pathways, to promote high performance sport and greater wellbeing through sport
Administering the ASC IPS
9. To continue to meet its IPS obligations, the ASC will:
- maintain a robust information asset management framework
- publish on an ongoing basis information to members of the public on its Publications page, Grants and Funding page and Disclosure log
- identify on an ongoing basis any information that is required to be published under s 8(2) – information that must be published
- identify on an ongoing basis any information that may be published under s 8(4) – optional information
- identify on an ongoing basis any information that is already otherwise available (s 8A(2))
- ensure the information published continues to be discoverable, useable, as well as accurate, up-to-date and accessible
- ensure the information about any charges to be imposed and how they will be calculated continues to be published (s 8D(4) and 8D(5))
- continuously review and update the ASC IPS
- continuously seek your comments and engagement by email by form or on our social media channels.