Football Australia is thrilled to be a part of the Sporting Schools program, offered to both primary and secondary schools.
Across each state, Football Australia has qualified Participation Officers and local clubs ready to implement in-school and after-school programs for students of ages up to Year 8, plus female only and all abilities programs.
Our aim is to spark the love of football in students through fun activities, games and challenges whilst also teaching our future leaders fundamental physical, social and cognitive skills.
Using Physical Literacy principles as the core of our session guides, our coaches will focus on developing student’s movement skills, knowledge and behaviors of students to gain confidence in their ability, transition to a participant of community football and, become a long term fan of the game.
Football Australia will link local football clubs with schools to facilitate an ongoing relationship and provide further opportunity for students to continue their football journey outside of school, whether that be MiniRoos Kick Off, MiniRoos Club or Junior Football.
We look forward to bringing football to life in your school!
Primary School Program
The MiniRoos Kick-Off program introduces boys and girls aged 5 - 12 to the fundamental skills of football across a range of fun and engaging game-based activities. Program sessions use principles of the ‘Play For Life’ philosophy and align with the Personal Development, Health and Physical Education syllabus, ensuring curriculum outcomes are met.
MiniRoos Kick-Off programs can be tailored to suit the needs of each school. Programs can range from 4 - 12 sessions and can run from anywhere between 30 - 60 minutes. The programs are inclusive and available to students of all abilities.
Secondary School Program
Secondary School Football is a program designed for secondary school students in years 7 and 8 to further develop their fundamental movement skills in a team environment.
The program is delivered in an inclusive and engaging manner which targets all skill levels and encourages a positive view towards an active and healthy lifestyle.
All coaches who deliver the Sporting Schools program will come ready with all necessary equipment needed for the football sessions.
To encourage students to continue their football journey in school, Football Australia can provide School Equipment Packs at an additional cost of $200.00
The School Equipment Pack includes:
- 10 x MiniRoos Size 4 Footballs
- 1 x MiniRoos Ball Carry Bag
- 10 x MiniRoos Bibs (5 blue, 5 White)
- 2 x MiniRoos Pop-Up Goals
Equipment packs can be ordered as an add-on in your Sporting Schools booking (subject to availability).
Teachers can deliver Primary School Football (MiniRoos Kick-Off) and Secondary School Football programs in Sporting Schools by meeting the requirements below:
- Hold a valid state and/or territory teacher registration
- Confirm adequacy of insurance
- Approved by Football Australia
To become a coach and deliver football in Sporting Schools please ensure you are working towards the following requirements:
- Be aged 16 years or over
- Hold a current Working With Children Check
- Confirm adequacy of insurance
- Completed Football Australia Grassroots Certificate Course
Please contact Football Australia Schools to enquire about Coaching in Schools - email@example.com
Sporting Schools is an Australia-wide program in partnership with more than 35 national sporting organisations (NSO), of which Football Australia is one.
Football Australia coordinates all Sporting Schools programs and do not require external coaching providers. For further information please contact Football Australia.
Football Australia Resources
- MiniRoos Kick Off resources such as Session Guides, FAQs, Parent Information Packs and where to find the local community club can be found on the Football Australia website
- These resources are free of charge and accessible to all
School Specific Resources
Upon booking a football program with Football Australia, teachers will be provided with an array of resources that include;
- Lesson plans and play sessions
- Digital certificates that can be edited to include the school and children’s names
- Interactive Workbook (Digital version)
- The interactive workbook is linked to Health and Physical Education learning areas of the Australian Curriculum, with a particular focus on physical literacy. The resource is themed with Matildas and Socceroos branding plus innovatively teaches school children about Australia’s relationship with football on a national and international scale.
Teacher Delivered Program Resources
- Football Australia has developed several online modules and webinars for teachers to upskill their knowledge of football, learn how to best teach football in a safe environment plus how to adapt football programs to suit their students abilities and needs
- Currently available for teachers:
- 4 x online modules on physical literacy and football
- 1 x online module on football: rules of the game
- 1 x interactive unit of multicultural engagement through football
- 1 x webinar on football professional development for teachers
- 1 x schools interactive football workbook for students
Football Australia (national office)
Football NSW - Northern