Touch Football Australia has core values that include leadership, integrity, professionalism, diversity and excellence. These values underpin our mission to provide direction for the sport of touch football and develop our dynamic game to the position of Australia’s leading community sport.
Touch football is a sport which everyone can play, regardless of age, gender, experience or ability. The sport creates a social environment which few sports can rival and families can even play together in weekly competitions. The inclusive nature of Touch Football ensures there is a ‘place on the field for everyone’.
“Most, if not all, the students were very enthusiastic about Touch by the end of the program. They have been asking us [teachers] if we can continue doing Touch Football, and if we can enter a team into the gala day.”
Jeremy Hopwood - Covenant Christian School, ACT
Sporting Schools Touch Football programs
There are three types of Sporting Schools Touch Football programs available for primary and secondary school students in Years 7 and 8. Descriptions of the packages are available below, or for more information please view:
The Coaching Packages includes 4-8 sessions (45-60 minute sessions) of Touch Football coaching. Schools are recommended to purchase an equipment package, or specific items, to give your school everything that it needs to deliver a Touch Football program. Schools need to provide a minimum of 10 touch footballs and 12 cones to effectively run the program.
Teacher Delivered Package
The Teacher Delivered Package includes TFA resource package which provides all the information required for a teacher to deliver the program.
- Touch Football Delivery Resource:
- Primary Schools: Playing for Life Coaching Resource (7 session Touch Football coaching program from introduction through to game implementation).
- Secondary Schools: your state office will discuss the most appropriate level of resource for your needs.
- Touch Football Australia Polo Shirt
For further information view the Touch Football Sporting Schools FAQ's.
The Touch Football Equipment Pack includes:
- 10 touch footballs
- 1 mesh football bag
- 1 hand held pump
- 24 field cones
- 15 bibs
- 1 whistle
Should schools wish to purchase extra equipment, Touch Football Australia operates an online shop from which a range of equipment and merchandise can be purchased. To browse equipment visit the Touch Football Australia Online Shop.
Teachers can deliver touch football in Sporting Schools by meeting the requirements below:
- Hold a valid state and/or territory teacher registration
- Confirm adequacy of insurance
- PE qualification; or
- ASC Community Coaching General Principles
Sporting Schools is an Australia-wide program in partnership with over 30 national sporting organisations (NSO), of which Touch Football Australia is one.
Touch Football Australia coordinates all Sporting Schools programs and do not require external coaching providers. For further information please contact Touch Football Australia.
Touch Football Australia Resources
Touch Football Australia (TFA) and its partner states have developed a suite of resources to cater for the varying skill level of students. The resources are not aligned to an age group, but rather to the student’s level of development.
- Playing for Life - Sport introduction & basics through game based activities
- Foundation Schools Resource - Learning, acquisition and refinement of basic movement and skills
- Talent School Resource - Practice and demonstration of basic skills and progression to talent level of movement and skills
In order to most effectively utilise the resources register for DartfishTV.
Touch Football Australia