Term 2 parameters
Program parameters help to describe the characteristics of activities for schools participating in Sporting Schools and are also contained in the School Terms and Conditions.
All schools participating in Sporting Schools are required to comply with the following program parameters:
Select a minimum of one (1) Sporting Schools national partner sport to deliver Program activities within the approved funding period.
Use the site account to login to the Booking System to engage an Organisation, and manage bookings, amendments and cancellations for the delivery of sport packages.
Note: This includes Teacher-delivered sport packages and for Term 2 2020, only Teacher-delivered packages will be delivered to students in person. Any activities delivered by Coaches or other third parties (as permitted under Sporting Schools Plus) must be delivered on-line or remotely.
Provide the Program as a free service. Schools must not request payment from children or families to participate in activities under the Program.
Provide Sporting Schools sport packages and resources as complementary to existing sport and physical education curriculum delivery.
Note: The Grant cannot be used to fund elite/representative sport teams and events e.g. Primary Schools Sports Association (PSSA), Interschool Sport, School Sport, Elite pathways.
Must use Site account to administer and manage Grant applications.
At a minimum, deliver activities under the Program to the participant numbers identified in the approved Grant application.
Spend funding on Sporting Schools Program activities and supported costs only within the approved funding period (school term).
Ensure activities under the Program are delivered at suitable facilities, or locations using the appropriate equipment required for the Sport package.
Note: For Term 2 2020, only Teacher-delivered activities will be delivered to students in person. Any activities delivered by Coaches or other third parties (as permitted under Sporting Schools Plus) must be delivered on-line or remotely.
Nominate a teacher for teacher-delivered Sport packages or use an NSO endorsed on-line or remotely delivered package.
Note: Nominated eachers must comply with the relevant Organisation’s requirements for delivery of the selected Sport package.
Deliver sessions safely, with active supervision so as to meet appropriate standards of care and to comply with the Sporting Schools terms and conditions.
Ensure active supervision is provided for Sport packages under the Program in addition to the coach, encouraging maximum participation, supporting behaviour management and ensuring Playing for Life principles are applied. Supervisor retains the ‘duty of care’ for the participants and ensures appropriate standards of care are implemented e.g. work, health and safety, risk management policy and procedures.
Deliver Sporting Schools partner sport approved products. Deliver a Sport package with a minimum of four sessions, which applies the Playing for Life key principles;
Each session must:
Note: This parameter to deliver a Sport package is waived for Term 2 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Deliver your chosen Sport package before, during or after school during the nominated funding period (school term).
Comply with Sport Australia Financial declaration (Acquittal) and reporting requirements.
These tables are up to date as of 15/05/2020
* Exemptions may apply. Please contact our Client Support Centre on 1300 785 707 or visit our Help Centre for more information.
- 'Organisation' means an NSO, SSO or NSO-nominated provider.
- ‘Coach’ means an individual (being an employee, contractor or volunteer of an Organisation) nominated by an Organisation to deliver activities under the Program, excluding Teachers.
- ‘Teacher’ means an individual (being an employee of a School that has a valid State and/or Territory teacher registration) nominated by a School to deliver activities under the Program.
- 'Program' means Sport Australia’s Sporting Schools program.
- 'Funding period' means the time period (school term) specified by Sport Australia within which a School may use a Grant to deliver activities under the Program.
- 'Site account' means an account established for use of the Site (Sporting Schools website) by a School or Organisation that intends to participate in the Program, accessed via a registered individual username and password for an employee of the School or an employee, contractor or volunteer of the Organisation.