Sport has the power to set new benchmarks and drive positive social change; one being equal representation in sport.
Through striving to achieve gender equity in sport it sets an important tone for the wider Australian public. It also opens doors for the next generation, shakes up unconscious bias and helps advocate for respectful behaviour towards women.
To help achieve this the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) established the Women Leaders in Sport (WLIS) program which to date has supported more than 26,000 women and more than 800 sport organisations.
The ASC manages the WLIS program through the support of the Office for Women who have a vested interest in this space.
- Provide leadership development opportunities for women on and off the field.
- Help sporting organisations create inclusive cultures and achieve gender equity.
- Drive a positive narrative around women leaders in sport.
WLIS successful applicants
Previous WLIS successful applicants
- 2023 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 228.3 kb)
- 2022 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 100.0 kb)
- 2021 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 120.0 kb)
- 2020 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 94.1 kb)
- 2019 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 135.0 kb)
- 2018 WLIS Successful Applicant List (PDF 131.4 kb)
If you have any questions regarding the 2021 WLIS Program, please contact:
Phone: +61 2 6214 1463
Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm (AEDT)*
* excluding national and ACT public holidays
If you wish to lodge a complaint regarding the program this can be done using the ASC complaints form.