The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) is committed to raising organisational standards so that all women can thrive and succeed in all workplaces within the sporting sector. We recognise that women from culturally and racially marginalised backgrounds, First Nations women, women with disability and gender diverse individuals have significantly lower representation in leadership roles in organisations big and small. To be truly representative of our communities, we need to provide a sector that ensures any systemic barriers are removed and a culturally safe and inclusive environment is created.
Applications are now closed
- Applications open
9:00am (AEDT) Monday 30 October 2023
- Applications close
5:00pm (AEDT) Friday 1 December 2023
- Outcomes notified to all applicants
Early February 2024
The program will include:
APPLY NOW if your organisation wants to:
- be equipped with the latest diversity, equity and inclusion practices
- have greater worked knowledge to improve gender equity within their organisation
- be able to take actions that will attract, nurture and retain a diverse workforce
- have tools and resources to optimise further organisational growth in the diversity and gender equity space.
- Be a National Sporting Organisation, a National Sporting Organisation for people with disability, recognised by the ASC (Australian Sports Directory) or;
- be a State/Territory Sporting Organisation of a national body who has previously completed the Executive Program.
- Have the commitment of, and a letter of support from, the Chair or CEO
- Organisation has made a commitment in their strategy to improve/address gender equality
- Organisation has no outstanding acquittal or reporting requirements with the ASC
- Organisation employs more than 5 staff members
- Organisation is not named in the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse on its list of “Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme”.
*The ASC may at its sole discretion, offer an applicant special consideration if an eligibility requirement set out in these guidelines cannot be met due to extenuating circumstances. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your eligibility or visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Letter of support
A letter of support must accompany the Executive Program application (uploaded at time of application)
The following information needs to be addressed in the letter:
Please limit the supporting letter to one page
- Outline the support and commitment to the program on behalf of the organisation
- It is expected the Chair, CEO or member of the executive team have responsibility for championing this project
- Identify how this project contributes to achieving the priorities of the organisation, include any relevant statistics and data
- The letter must be signed by the CEO/ Chair/ or equivalent
Please note: If you are the CEO applying on behalf of the organisation, please seek endorsement from Chair or board member.
Applicants must address the following assessment criteria in their application. Eligible applications will be assessed against these criteria:
- Describe how your organisation is proactively ensuring that women of all abilities and cultural and religious backgrounds have equal opportunity as part of your organisational strategy
- Describe how the implementation of the key components of the Executive Program will achieve the objectives outlined in your organisation strategy
- Describe how your organisation supports and provides progression towards gender equity
For more information
Contact the Executive Program team – WLIS@ausport.gov.au.