The Women Leaders in Sport (WLIS) Executive Program is designed to support National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and National Sporting Organisations for people with a disability (NSODs) to accelerate women’s careers in senior leadership positions and provide stakeholders with the opportunity to understand and implement diverse and equitable best practices.
Applications for the 2022-23 program have now closed. Fifteen NSOs submitted successful applications, and will receive a gender equity audit, an inclusive hiring workshop and consultation time with a diversity, equity and inclusion manager.
The Executive Program reflects the ASC’s commitment to providing support to the sporting sector to improve gender equity and increase the number of women progressing into executive leadership roles.
- Positively impact women of all backgrounds and experiences by raising organisation standards.
- Help sporting organisations create inclusive cultures and achieve gender equity.
- Support women who are ready to transition into senior roles in sport.
The objectives will be achieved through a systematic approach, including three key elements:
At the end of the program organisations will:
- be equipped with the latest diversity, equity, and inclusion practices
- have greater knowledge to improve gender equity within their organisation
- be able to attract, nurture and retain a diverse workforce
- have tools and resources to optimise further organisational growth in diversity and gender equity.
For more information
Contact the Executive Program team – WLIS@ausport.gov.au.