Physical Literacy Program Alignment Guidelines
The sport and physical activity sector plays a vital role in building the skills, knowledge and confidence of participants to lead active lives, contributing towards broader societal outcomes. The Guidelines will assist sport and physical activity providers to align new and existing programs to a physical literacy approach that celebrates and enhances participants’ holistic development.
Physical literacy alignment is the process of adapting or developing programs, products, resources and strategies to help participants develop lifelong engagement in sport and physical activity.
Aligning can help your organisation:
- take a holistic and participant centred approach
- identify opportunities for improvement
- deliver professional development
- find and tell your program’s story
- create new ideas and program innovations
- increase program retention and sustainability
- deliver a program that motivates participants to be active for life.
Playing for Life Activity Cards
Playing for Life activities and games are a great way to help children develop physical literacy. The cards are designed for everyday use by teachers, coaches, out of school hours care staff and parents.
Aligned to the Australian Physical Literacy Framework and the Australian Curriculum, these game based activities are easily adapted to different sports and help create a safe, inclusive and challenging environment for children.