Primary school grant program
Sporting Schools funding is available to primary schools to deliver free Sporting Schools programs before, during or after school, using one of our NSO partners.
Grants of between $1,000 and $3,600 (GST exclusive) are available per primary school for each term. This comprises:
- a base funding amount determined by the total number of students enrolled in years P-6 at the school (as provided in the grant application);
- an incentive funding amount for expected overall participant numbers (as provided in the grant application); and
- a potential, additional ‘Special Circumstances’ funding amount of $500 (GST exclusive) to assist eligible schools with additional costs due to location or demographics. To be eligible for Special Circumstances funding, schools need to satisfy at least one of the criteria below:
- Be a special school
- Have students enrolled with special needs
- Be located in an Indigenous community
- Have students enrolled that identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Be located in a regional or remote location, as determined by the Accessibility and Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA) category classification.
The basis for calculating the base and incentive funding amounts is further detailed below.
Primary school funding
|School population (years P-6)||Base funding (GST exclusive)|
|1 to 150||$500|
|151 to 300||$700|
|301 to 800||$900|
|Participants per term||Incentive funding (GST exclusive)|
|10 to 30||$500|
|31 to 60||$800|
|61 to 120||$1,200|
|121 to 200||$1,500|
|201 to 300||$1,800|
To ensure equal access to primary school funding, applications are prioritised for funding by applying the assessment criteria. Applications are then ranked and may be recommended for funding (subject to availability).
In the event that (as anticipated), applications exceed the level of available funding, applications will be ranked in order of priority for funding, by applying each of the following criteria in order:
- schools which have received the least number of Sporting Schools grants over the past four terms will be given priority
- schools which propose engaging a higher proportion of their school population will be given priority
- schools which submit their application earlier in the application period will be given priority over later applications.